The Real Andy

Default unable to fix faulty capacitor? pls help!

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:21:46 +1000, "Peter"
wrote:

Sorry, I meant a capacitance meter of course.

The result for all of them were very close to the specifications, except the
one I replaced. That one was showing higher readings after I held it my
hand for a while. But I guess that is not much an indication. However
replacing it did change the symptoms slightly but did not fix the problem.

Peter

snip

Sound like a cap that is in the power supply. See if you can locate a
rectifier, or perhaps the four diodes that make a rectifier and
replace. A faulty rectifier can often stress a cap to the point of
failure.