Norm Dresner

Default NEEDED: Magnification to assist with SMT soldering

"Odie Ferrous" wrote in message
My eyes aren't what they used to be and I need magnification when
working on SMT components with a soldering iron.

Ideally I would like a screen around the size of an A4 piece of paper,
on a stand, but I am unable to find anything even remotely like this, or
even remotely suitable.

I believe I need around 5x magnification.

I use an Optivisor -- a headband mounted binocular magnifier that's been
sold under this brand name for at least 40 years. Magnifications range from
2x to 10x with available lenses.

Norm