Jan Panteltje

Default using mosfets as rectifiers?

On a sunny day (Sun, 06 Jun 2004 22:28:43 -0400) it happened Albert
wrote in :

Can I use small signal mosfets to rectify the signal instead of the
schottky diode? This would gain my half a volt because the mosfet
would have very low voltage drop once it turns on.

How about a germanium diode?

Would it be ok to bias the gate positive all the time (with a small
button cell 3 volt battery) and just treat the mosfet like it was a
diode??

If you are goin to use a small battery, why not use a small opamp!
CMOS opamp at 3V should take little power.
perhaps you could take power from the laptop par port?
JP