Richard Rasker

Default Dell M991 monitor question

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble repairing a Dell M991 19" computer monitor
(chassis CM2519, hardly 3 years old). It wouldn't start up, and it turned
out that the flyback FET + drain series diode (an IRF640 and a 31DF06,
respectively) were shorted.
After replacing these parts, the monitor seemed to be fine - at least
during the VGA boot screen. As soon as the screen resolution changed, both
components immediately failed again.

I can't find any other broken or even suspect components, and without a
schematic diagram or service manual, it's impossible to determine what
else could be wrong. A search by Google didn't turn up anything either.

Before I thrown this one in the bin, I'd like to know if anyone here might
have an idea where I could look for a solution. Any suggestions are
appreciated.

Regards,

Richard Rasker

--
Linetec Translation and Technology Services

http://www.linetec.nl/