Peter Baran

Default Trinitron monitor faults

"Jerry G." wrote in message
1. Loss of focus is usually attributed to high voltage regulation and

focus
supply regulation faults. This can be from the HV multiplier to start

with.

2. This sounds like you have a combination of pin cushioning and vertical
deflection problems. This is usually attributed to warn down capacitors in
these areas, and also possibly other support components.

3. Jitter can be from a stability problem. This can be from supply voltage
regulation, or noise in the supply voltage. This is usually attributed to
capacitors that may be wearing down, or other support components.

How can I tell which capacitors are wearing down? They all look normal (no
bulging or leaking), can I use something like a multimeter?

Already swapped it out with a 17" Sony 200ES, for the time being; found it
on a dustbin in good condition a while ago. It's hooked up to a G4 which has
VGA video anyway.

Peter