Eugen T

Default Infinity subwoofer stopped working only buzzes now

If I am not mistaken (correct me if I am wrong) JBL owns Infinity and HK.
Older JBL subwoofers had this same problem. The power amp module (AMI
proprietary module) would blow up, and visible result would be either
nothing at all - i.e. the fuse blows right away, or low humming noise.
If you already opened it, check out the structure of power amp. Does it have
S64AMI or S53AMI module on it?
Obviously, check all the easy fixes that were already suggested before
trying to repair the actual amplifier modules.

"Aaron" wrote in message
m...
Hello all,
I have an infinity HPS500 that stopped working a while ago, now all it
does it emit the most annoying buzzing sound at a very low volume. I
was looking for suggestions on attempting a self-repair. Any ideas on
where i should start, or any one had this issue before?

Thanks,
-Aaron