Mark D. Zacharias

Default Pioneer M-790 amp adjustment

There's a long history on these "blow line" models. Most likely only the
outputs and some 220 ohm emitter-base resistors are bad. You are aware, I
hope, of the so-called "protection" circuit on these, which INTENTIONALLY
blows the outputs if any fault is detected?

Mark Z.

"James Sweet" wrote in message
newsQAuc.22391$4A6.20874@attbi_s52...
I've got a Pioneer M-790 here with all 8 power output transistors blown. I
found a number of cracked solder joints, is there anything else I should
check on this particular amp before I install new transistors and try it
out? Also how do I adjust the bias? I only see one pot in the whole amp.