jmuller

Default Broken Monitor.

The FCC ID: is 'GKR567'

Grantee Code: GKR
Grantee Code Grantee Name Mailing Address P.O. Box City State/Country
Zip Code Contact Name Date Received
GKR Compal Electronics Inc No. 581, Jui-Kuang Rd. N/A Neihu, Taipei,
114 N/A / Taiwan N/A Allen Chen 04/15

I have found their website, which only has driver downloads on it.

- thanks jmuller

"Tom MacIntyre" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 May 2004 23:21:53 +1000, "jmuller"
wrote:

I have limited monitor troubleshooting experience. All I know is from
completely reading http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/monfaq.htm#monmmm and
rereading the sections that might apply to me.

The monitor brightens as it warms up and losses focus. I am unable to
observe SCREEN voltage (as I don't have a HV meter, if there's a trick I

can
use to read HV on a standard DMM please tell)

I'm not sure if the focus voltage moves at all. This makes it hard for me

determine wheather I have a HV power supply problem, or something else.

I guess the thing that would really help me here is a crude (but safe)

way
to observe wheather the focus or screen or HV voltages are moving at all.

I think B+ is stable because there are no deflection issues at all.

Obtaining a schematic or similar resource would be hard, as I can not

verify
even who made the monitor (Google has let me down).

Thanks - jmuller.

Did you check the FCC ID?

Tom

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
Sorry, why do you think the flyback is bad?

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page:

http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info:

http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work.

contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.