Jason D.

Default 27" JVC tv model:AV-27320,chassis:A67

On 30 May 2004 13:59:32 -0700, (Sidney) wrote:

27" JVC stereo tv model:AV-27320,chassis:A67,year:Oct 2001.After the
customer was watching tv for a few hours picture size kept shrinking
all on all four sides down to a dot within a few seconds then the tv
shut off and now only relay click followed by LED blinking.
I found Q522=2SD2499=NTE2331 and F902=1.25 amp fuse to be open,I have
not yet troubleshooted tv further anyone have any common repair tips
for such a failure?.
Thanks in advance for replies.

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

Sidney,

I service JVC sets daily (warranty/contract and customers'), Very
rare horizotal failures. It depends on type of chassis.

If this set uses STR30134 regulator, then replace horizontal
transistor and redo all solder joints on all 1/2W and 1W resistors.
(must be exact part preferably from JVC), check D421 and R421 is good
if bad or fried, the vertical IC is fried then have to replace
vertical parts: generic will do: flameproof 1.8 Ohm, 1/2W, jelly bean
diode (RGP10J), LA7832 and 100uF 35V cap. This chassis with STR-30134
also have cap for the horizontal transformer driver but it's well out
of heat and right at the edge so there's not a problem.

If this is doesn't fit what I described, uses SMPS only for both
standby and run using (STRF-6626) then replace small 1uF 160V cap for
the horizontal transformer driver +B filter and exact horizontal
transistor. It is in middle of two hot resistors killing that cap's
ESR. Resolder all 1/2W and 1W resistors still applies, watch out for
dud vertical circuit.

Good idea to see if you have resistance between HV suction and the
ground pins on the flyback which is not supposed to be there. Also
ring fly just in case. Fly for JVC is very occasionally found bad
except for AV-32F702 series using flat CRT, it is somewhat high
failure rate.

Cheers,

Wizard