The Natural Philosopher

Default Central Heating question

geoff wrote:

In message , IMM
writes

Well, your system certainly wouldn't satisfy the latest building
regs on
energy efficiency - because the system has to be capable of turning

itself

off when the heating demand is met.

The booer will turn itself off. It has its own stat on teh water temp.

Duh! Then it will cycle. The regs say it requires a control interlock.
Which mean when all the house is satisfied the burner is off.

How many sheep are we talking about here?

Dunno.

I actually don't run my central heating when the whole house is warm enough.

And teh boiler cycles in teh house stat when one is used anyway. So waht
is the difference?

Nothing, except the pump runs all the time.

There is no requirement to make sure your pump doesn't run when the
whole house is warm.