jakdedert

Default Panasonic Cordless Telephone KX-TC1710CB

spanky wrote:
Hi All:

I think my 5 year old KX-TC1710CB cordless phone is finally going
wonky. It's coming up with OUT OF RANGE errors when I press the TALK
button on the handset. The base station seems to still work.

Does anyone know what I may try to see if I can get it back to work
again? Phone is still in great condition and hate to have to throw it
away.

Joe

In addition to the battery problems stated earlier, you might have a problem
with interference from other devices. I don't know which band your model
operates in. The 2.4 gig band is getting eaten up in some locations
by--among other things--wireless networks, security cams and microwave ovens
(in addition to cordless phones). 900 in some cases is overpopulated due
to...mostly more cordless phones.

I've found that the migration to UHF has given a new lease on life to the
old 49 mHz phones, if you happen to be a packrat like myself. There's still
a lot of them around...most just need a new battery to operate like new (Of
course new 'then' was probably not as good as new 'now,' due to improvements
in features and technology--especially with regard to security.). I
abandoned my old VHF phones when the channel congestion took my range down
to less than half what it was when I bought the phone.

Recently I've put a couple of them back in service. I was surprised to see
that they were back up to snuff--maybe even better--again.

jak