Art

Default Sony WEGA Casing Repair

It may require removal of the crt also, not a do-it-yourself project.
"Jerry G." wrote in message
Over an email, it is hard to do an accurate evaluation from your
description.

If you are not used to TV service, I would not suggest this. You will have
to remove the chassis assembly, and there are a lot of connectors,
harnesses
and etc that will have to be disconnected, and re-connected. There are
also
some safety issues with this venture.

There is also the chance you may accidentally disturb something, and if
so,
the repair will be much more costly than having a service tech who is used
to doing this type of work to do it for you. This may only cost an hour of
labour to fix. There is also the possibility, you may need a new part. In
this case, one will have to be ordered from Sony.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Alex" wrote in message
I have a Sony Wega 36FS100 and I have a 0.5"x0.5" puncture in the right
speaker casing. Really the only issue here is an eyesore, it looks like
the
plastic was cracked and pushed in.

Question is, has anyone gotten to the point where they can remove this
speaker grill from the tv unit itself, how much is involved. Its just out
of warrantee so i would rather not take it to sony depot, but I just need
remove the casing off the TV to be able to access it from the back and
push
it back and glue it or something. Anyone have experience in taking one of
these suckers apart?

Alex