Lee Blaver

Default Wood or uPVC front door

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
snip
What is considered more secure, a decent wooden front
door and frame or a uPVC one?

The frame is realy what is the weak pont. If it can be jemmied...its all
a questio of locs, farmes etc. Ask the local crime preventin ossifer.
snip

Why not reinforce the nice door you have?

The problem is the SWMBO wants a uPVC door (and frame) for aesthetic
reasons, (women!) and I'm trying to convince her that they are less
secure so that I can keep the sturdy wooden one we already have.

The area is not bad crime wise and I'm not a dealer before anyone
asks :-)

Lee

Lee

--
To reply use lee.blaver and NTL world com