Old Nick

Default Backhoe DID show up, accuracy did not...

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 02:10:56 GMT, "Mike Marlow"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

OK. You at least _sound_ as if you have knowledge hereGG.

I was basing only on my attempts at shed and house building over the
years. I know that if you go too deep, you can be in real trouble. I
can see where the paving would have loose dirt under it. But I am sure
that I remember where somebody dug a trench wrong (to one side of the
trench location, instead of in it, if you get my meaning) and had to
do a lot of mucking about. It was on a hillside with very heavy soil
IIRC.

Anyway. It was a long time ago. I bow out, saying only "better safe
than sorry" as far as my warning goes. In other words better to open
my mouth and sound like a fool than risk some other poor *******
acting like one! G

Typical construction practices are to compact backfill only where paving
will be place right up to the building. For lawn strips etc., compaction is
not necessary.

It's not the milk and honey we hate. It's having it
rammed down our throats.