Chris

Default Video card damaging CRT monitor?

LASERandDVDfan wrote:

Your statement would be true if the monitors did not have a shutdown if they
see the wrong scan rate

True. But it is still a point that is worth mentioning. However, as you've
pointed, I would assume that good monitors would detect the scanrate before
ever running it to the tube as a safety. But even with safeties, it's still
best to understand the limits of your monitor and never exceed them under any
circumstances.

As far as I am aware, the card has been running (or at least set) within
the monitors capabiliities at all times.

If the original poster still can, he should try to start his computer up in
safe mode and uninstall all the drivers of his old video card before attempting
to install the new video card and its drivers. Of course, as I've mentioned,
this is assuming that the card will allow the computer to POST first. -
Reinhart

The PC still boots up fine, the video card appears to be fine - the only
'symptom' I have is that the two monitors seem to have failed in the
same manner (which struck me as a bit of a coincidence). I don't want to
break another monitor, but at the same time I don't want to needlessly
buy another video card.

Thanks for your help,

Chris.

--