Asimov

Default Video card damaging CRT monitor?

"Ricky Eck" bravely wrote to "All" (15 May 04 21:42:59)
--- on the heady topic of " Video card damaging CRT monitor?"

You have never heard of a virus destroying monitors by purposely
screwing around with the video card?!

RE From: "Ricky Eck"

RE Well, I was going to reply, but you stated it very well David. I know
RE I have been working on computers for around 15-18 years, and have
RE replace oh, around 100-150 Video Cards (Give or take a few) and never
RE ran across any that had fried a Monitor.

.... 'Keep the smoke inside.' -- 1st Rule of Electronics.