James Finlan

Default Desperate for help with Finlux 72X110MC

Thanks for the number, sadly it is the one I have been trying non-stop for
the last 2 days and it just constantly rings so I am not sure what is
happening there but thanks anyway.

"Duncan Newell" wrote in message

"James Finlan" wrote in message
Hi,
I recently bought the above Finlux TV from Skybuy, it arrived in

good
working order and has been perfect for the last 6 weeks. However this
morning I switched it on and no matter what I did (apart from unplug)

the
red standby light stayed on permanently. The TV acknowledged when I

press
button on the remote control by flashing the red l.e.d. but I got no

output
from the TV, audio or video were all dead. I tried everything in the

user
guide and left then TV unplugged for a couple of hours, still nothing. I
contacted Skybuy this afternoon and frankly they were downright

unhelpful,
they tried to give me some 'sold as is' ******** even though they

advertised
it as new and we all know that new goods come with a 12 month warranty
regardless. After arguing with them and quoting a number of passages of
consumer law I decided to contact Finlux themselves, sadly however the

U.K.
service number just rings all day without answer. After trawling the
internet for the last few hours without luck I am begining to become
desperate, then I noticed this newsgroup and read lots helpful posts
regarding other peoples problems so I have decided to chance my arm and

post
here looking for help. All and any advice would be most welcome, I am
beginning to feel like I have been sold a white elephant.

Thankyou in advance!

James Finlan

Try this number or FAX / Postal

Finlux UK