Scott Nielson

Default Viewsonic Vertical Problem

Well, I replaced almost everything in the vertical circuit and the vertical
problem didn't go away. So, we'll be replacing this montior with a new LCD
monitor.

wrote in message

Asimov wrote:
" bravely wrote to "All" (11 May 04 11:59:45)
--- on the heady topic of " Viewsonic Vertical Problem"

I had a monitor, I forget the brand, with a similar vertical problem
at the top of the display, only to make it more interesting, this one
was intermittant. Turned out to be a zener diode near the vertical IC
which was opening up. Like you I had gone at it a few times and gave
up in frustration but the diode stared out at me one time which then
prompted me to drive it with an external current source to show a high
resistance when the package was moved. Bugger that was it!

Interesting!! I shall keep this in mind if I ever see such a problem
again. Hopefully, I will NEVER see this type of problem again.

us From: lid

us Scott Nielson wrote:

I am trying to repair a vertical size and liniarity problem with a

Viewsonic
E771. The picture only fills about 75% of the screen and is non

linear. It
is squishes and bows a bit toward the top of the picture. I have

searched
and searched in the vertical deflection
circuits but have been unable to find a problem. I tested a lot of
components and even replaced a few, but no luck. I do have a

schematic. I
can stretch it using the OSD controls, but that only fills about 75%

of the
screen.

I'm know I'm not the first person to try to fix a problem like this.

I find
other reports on the internet of this same model with the same

problem.
But, I can't find and reports of what was done to fix it. Has anyone

seen
this before? Or can someone give me some more direction?

Thanks.

us To your question about has any else seen this problem befo The
us answer is "Yes!" I like you, had tried everything I could think of
us since this was the ONLY problem with the monitor. After more hours
us than I wish to admit to, I tore the monitor apart for parts so

that I
us would stop going back to it with another idea. It became almost

an
us obsession. I shall watch this thread to see if you find the

problem.
us Good luck.

... You mean 15" sparks are SUPPOSED to come out of this thing?!?