Asimov

Default BATTERY WITH INVERSE VOLTAGE ?

"mowhoong" bravely wrote to "All" (12 May 04 08:46:06)
--- on the heady topic of " BATTERY WITH INVERSE VOLTAGE ?"

mo From: (mowhoong)

mo gothika wrote in message
mo . .. On 9 May 2004
mo 23:59:47 -0700,
(mowhoong) wrote:
I keep one funny battery for 20 years ago, it was a size AA, 1.5 volt.
The reason was this battery'polarity was invert when you measure,
untill to day I
don't understand why ? Can any person know what is going on. Thanks

I take it that it's a rechargable? maybe nicad?
If you let the dwell on these batteries drop to low they can reverse
polarity.

mo It was alkaline battery.

I found a defective electrolytic which acquired a permanent voltage
and it still measured a couple of volts the last time I looked at it.
Big caps normally show a permanent voltage of a few 10's of millivolts
but this it isn't a very big cap, only 47uF & 35WV, high esr though.

Asimov
******

.... A couple of volts below threshold.