Myron Samila

Default Interesting Flyback problem MTC 28" TV

"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message news:shfoc.449862$Ig.384786@pd7tw2no...

It might be worth investigating high voltage putty.

Better by far than tape, because it leaves no air gaps,
and you can put it on as thickly as you like (or can
afford

I know that at least one of the manufacturers was
General Cement.

Take care.

Ken

That actually does sound like a viable idea.

Turns out my problem isn't so interesting. It is shorting out (arcing) from the
"screen/focus" area, way above it, you can still adjust it, but where the lead exits the
flyback, this is where it can short to the nearest ground conductor.

I may insulate it, and re-route the wires near the flyback. This should solve the trouble
for a while, since the set works fine otherwise.

Finding this flyback would not be easy.

--
Myron Samila
Toronto, ON Canada