Colin Wilson

Default new electricity supply

The old house says as is with its' existing supply. The NEW supply
terminates at the meter in the new garage which is about 20 metres
from the new house,they have put in an underground duct between new
house and new garage. My question was about the cable from the meter
to the ccu, what to use as meter tails normally are about 1 metre long
16mm cable.

Where do you want the CU to be ? If you want it in the house, i`d imagine
you`d need a fused isolator and a large enough sub-main to take the
supply from the garage to the house.

Also should the new house have a TT earth? Thanks

That would probably be entirely dependant on the network in the area. If
its pole-fed, then unless the line has been refurbished, I think it would
have to be TT.

Earthing is a bit of a weak point where i`m concerned though :-}