David

Default Viewsonic Vertical Problem

Use an ESR meter and check the capacitors in the vertical deflection
circuit. You may even need to pull them and check all the critical
parameters to find the one that is bad, Value, ESR, leakage, etc.

David

"Scott Nielson" wrote in message
I am trying to repair a vertical size and liniarity problem with a

Viewsonic
E771. The picture only fills about 75% of the screen and is non linear.

It
is squishes and bows a bit toward the top of the picture. I have searched
and searched in the vertical deflection
circuits but have been unable to find a problem. I tested a lot of
components and even replaced a few, but no luck. I do have a schematic.

can stretch it using the OSD controls, but that only fills about 75% of

the
screen.

I'm know I'm not the first person to try to fix a problem like this. I

find
other reports on the internet of this same model with the same problem.
But, I can't find and reports of what was done to fix it. Has anyone seen
this before? Or can someone give me some more direction?

Thanks.