Alan Harriman

Default Sony Trinitron Color Problem

On Sun, 9 May 2004 23:25:45 -0400, "beaudoin" wrote:

I have a twelve year old Sony Trinitron that has suddenly developed a color
problem. The colors all of a sudden changed to mainly green and pink. No
adjustment brings it back to normal. A friend told me a color gun failed.
Might this be so? Another friend told me it might be the video board. If
this is so, where can I get a replacement board? And where can I get a
schematic?

Don't overlook a degauss problem. Sometimes a magnetized tube can have the
overall appearance of a missing color, instead of the more commonly seen
localized discoloration. Might try resoldering the degauss thermistor.

Alan Harriman