Sam Goldwasser

Default Where to look for microwave oven fault?

"Ricky Eck" writes:

I will have to agree with the two previous post. Trouble shooting a
Microwave is quite a task sometimes. I used to work with them about 10
years ago, and they were complex even then. Now with the technology we have
today, I wouldn't even open one up. Plus I don't have the equipment to do
it anymore. Unless someone has a special trick, you will need more then
just an OHMS meter to trace a problem.

Not necessarily. While I agree with you on the warnings of the previous
posts, it is possible to troubleshoot most microwave oven faults with
little more than an ohmmeter and common sense. In fact, one of the things
to be avoided is testing it live.

In this case, the problem could be as simple as a bad connection to the
magnetron filament wiring.

However, it is essential to read and understand the SAFETY implications
of working on a microwave oven.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work. To
contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.