Default Where to look for microwave oven fault?

On Sat, 08 May 2004 09:42:25 -0700, Eric R Snow
wrote:

On Sat, 08 May 2004 15:19:29 GMT, "Matt J. McCullar"
wrote:

I double what Art said.

No offense intended, but microwave ovens are definitely NOT for
inexperienced troubleshooters. The high voltages inside can really put you
in a world of hurt.

Besides, microwave ovens are so inexpensive now that you can probably buy
one new at Y'all Mart cheaper than a replacement magnetron would cost.

It bugs me to throw away something when it can be fixed. And I don't
shop at wall mart. I won't be trying to trouble shoot this thing
powered up. If it can't be done that way then I'll get a new one. I
know about high voltage and know enough not to mess with it. Can the
HV diode be checked with a VOM?
ERS

That was part of the warning. A microwave, particulary a
malfunctioning one, can hold lethal voltage even after being
unplugged. Don't even think about sticking a cheap VOM on anything
while it's plugged in.

-Chris