Eric R Snow

Default Where to look for microwave oven fault?

Greetings All,
My microwave oven just quit heating. Before I scrap it for parts maybe
I can instead fix it. When set to defrost the power cycles on and off.
And you can tell by the lower fan sound and the light slightly dimming
when it is supposed to be heating.. It still does this but nothing
gets hot. Whether defrost or full power. So, I think the transformer
must still be getting power. Any thoughts? Do magnetrons eventually
fail? I have another oven that's over twenty years old and it still
works fine.
Thank You,
Eric R Snow