Ken Weitzel

Default Toshiba RPTV 50H72 - blue screen only

Leonard Caillouet wrote:
Cable mode allows the set to recieve cable frequencies instead of the UHF
that the air or tv mode allows. It has nothing to do with whether the set
isconnected to a cable box or not on most sets.

Leonard

Hi Leonard...

Sounds like you might be in the same "old hat" category
as me. Give up, you can't win

That's the way I remember it too. First uhf which
of course was a whole different thing.

Then a mechanical switch which allowed the tuner
to go up to channel 99 or thereabouts in cable
position.

I expected now the same, with the tuner just going
even higher. Playing with the "connected to
nothing" set downstairs in cable position still
only allows channels 2 through 13. Same in both
positions.

Dunno. I'm waiting for my sons-in-law to help
me load it into the car for the trip to the
cabin - and the walleyes are waiting for our
ceremonial 12:01 am casts off the end of the
dock - grand daughter first, of course

Walleye filets for breakfast... have a good
weekend everyone.

Take care.

Ken