L. Fiar

Default POWER SAVING UNIT ?

"mowhoong" wrote in message
om...
Sometime ago I walk passed a stall selling power saving unit, it clam
that you can save up to 30% of the electricity bill when you just plug
it into your
house power point. He than demo with a amp meter & a light box(I do
not know how many FL. light they had connected inside the light
box).The amp meter drop from 8A to 4A when they plug it into the power
point,

If this device really does reduce the power, you have to consider whether it
is a good idea to do it through a box such as this.
Clearly, to do this, it will need to indiscriminatingly reduce the amount of
power to all devices connected through it.

Ask yourself, what about:
Cooker and oven:
Less power means less heat. Forget the settings
on the cooker, they no longer apply - how does the
idea of food poisoning grab you... still interested?
Microwave:
Once again, there is the chance of incorrectly
cooked food, if it cooks at all. Also, the method
used may damage the oven.
Light bulbs:
Less power means less light, you may as well just
get lower power bulbs.
TV:
The TV draws the current it needs, reducing the
power to it will either affect it's performance,
or kill it completely.
I think you can see where I am going... it is better to get lower power
equipment than to try stopping it from using what it really does need to
carry out it's task.

There are, of course, two other possibilities...
Fooling the meter:
I heard of such a device being made here in the
UK. In fact, I know a person who made them. As
such devices mean theft of electricity, anyone
using them can be busted, as can anyone selling
them. From what I hear, the shop got busted, but
the designer was never named, although the close
shave taught him a lesson.
Fooling the customer:
The device may be totally fake, with a rigged meter
being used to demonstrate some capability that does
not exist.
Such cons go on all the time, on market stalls and
street corners. Some such cons where products are
"faked" have now become famous as they have been
featured on TV.

I really don't belive it,but they can show proof infront
of you. Can any person help me to explain ?

Ever seen where someone appears to push their arm through a solid shop
window, then remove it with the window still in one piece?
What about David Blaine levitating in front of people in the street?
How about David Copperfield being sliced in half with a big rotating blade?

What you think you see is not always what is really happening.

LF.