Franc Zabkar

Default Adapting a switching power supply...

On Tue, 4 May 2004 14:18:49 +0200, Michele Ancis put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi,

a friend has bought from US a guitar amplifier, 100W. It has a switching
power supply (yes, I know it's strange).The amp is to be used in Italy,
where the voltage is 220, 50Hz: supposedly, the supply needs some
adjustment. The vendor refuses to give information on how to do that.
Besides the idea of just putting a stepdown transformer and to feed the amp
with 110V, 50Hz (wich shouldn't be bad at all, being a switching it first
rectifies the voltage), I was wondering if there would be the possibility
just to change some components and have the supply work with these new
ratings...but I have no experience with those devices...the only thing I
can think of is the voltage on the diode bridge...or across the "chopping"
transistor...

Any suggestions are welcome

You may be able to use this ATX PSU as a guide:
http://www.pavouk.comp.cz/hw/en_atxps.html

- Franc Zabkar