Art

Default Toshiba RPTV 50H72 - blue screen only

Absolute WASTE OF MY TIME!!! This flippin bloke is helpless, ignorant,
stupid and don't even realize it. Blantely obvious he does not want
assistance since he bloody knows everything about this device. Cheere,
Mate, have a good live as and Electrical Engineer. I hope I never encounter
any device you had any interest in designing or implimenting.
"Leonard G. Caillouet" wrote in message
. ..
David is completely correct, video amps don't drive yokes. I suppose they
didn't teach you that in electrical engineering.

Actually, Q751 and Q752 are convergence amplifiers, not video amplifiers,
and are likely not your problem. If one of these failed you would see
convergence problems, the set would shut down, or it would blow fuse(s)
and
shut down. If you are getting a blue screen it is likely that you have
lost
signal and the set is muting the video. Your problem could be anything
from not knowing how to operate the set to a problem anywhere in the
signal
path.

If you are looking for video amplifiers you are looking in the wrong area.
You might want to check your assumptions and your reading of the schematic
before losing it on a forum where you are asking for help. Your post
indicated exactly what David noted, that you may be in over your head.

Now, if you want some help, why not tell us what equipment you have, and
what measurements you have taken and the signal conditions under which
they
were taken. A few of us arrogant morons, as you put it, have quite a lot
of
experience that we might be willing to share. Understand, however, that
if
you don't have the right equipment, knowledge, and troubleshooting skills,
this may not be a realistic repair for you to attempt.

Your attitude and your PhD will not necessarily help in fixing your set.
scope, some humility, and some TV service skills would go a lot farther.

Leonard
Pedantic asshole, maybe...arrogant moron, not usually

"bharat" wrote in message
om...
Let me make a few things clear to answer your !@#$%^&*() arrogance.

Video amps are video amplifiers located in Q751 and Q752 on the signal
board. They drive yokes directly. In case any of you arrogant morons
had time and knowledge to understand what a schmatic looks like, you
would clearly see where video amplifiers are located. In adition,
amps is shorthand for amplifiers - any person knowledgable in
Electrical Engineering knows that. Next time, try to understand the
posting before replying. Your assumption that if you do not
understand something then it must be wrong is stupid!

Secondly, a while back in this newsgroup, there was a posting where
someone had green screen problem similar to mine. The solution posted
on the net was that the power supply to video amplifiers was suspect.
Hence my intuition regarding video amps (oops, I mean video amplifiers
for you intellectually-challenged guys).

Many of us know and understand the danger in repairing a TV set - not
just you arrogant !@$$%&*.

By the way, I have a PhD in electrical engineering and probably can
run circles around you when it comes to knowledge of electrical
engineering. However, I do not know specifically how to fix a TV and
hence the posting. If I had the time, I can understand the circuit
and then figure out what is wrong. I was hoping that this newsgroup,
with its collective knowledge, will help me fix this. Your arrogant
replies regarding "what is amps" itself shows that you do not have a
clue as to what an "amplifier" is. Take a few educational courses (or
read a book) before you start yelling at people.

Again, this newsgroup is for help. If you can help, please by all
means do so. If you do not understand what an "amps" is, do everyone
a favor and stop wasting bandwidth.

By the way, I am going to check the sync signals (for you stupids, it
is synchronization signals) to see if the problem lies there as
pointed out by more considerate members of this newsgroup. I thank
them.

bharat