N. Thornton

Default Redesign, was low voltage drop transistors for power supply

"Tam/WB2TT" wrote in message ...
"Albert" wrote in message

So, I'm considering building up this switching supply.

I need suggestions for a schottkey bridge rectifier that will handle
20A or more. I find the diodes themselves are readily available, but
I'd like to have a bridge assembly if possible.

Any suggestions??

I'm unclear what the problem is at this point, but if its a slight
lack of voltage, some extra turns can sometimes be added on the
transformer - just be sure to put them over the sec and not the pri!
Also For us europeans we often used to use the old tweak of adusting
the transformer mains tap from 240v to 220. But it can caue problems,
even fires, so if you do run a transformer like that you need to at
least ensure youve got proper overheat safety protection on it.

If you use a separate small TF to add a volt or two, connect it direct
to the main one, dont waste your V with 2 sets of rectifiers.

Finally, there is one for-play-only scheme for minimising V drops, and
thats a buzzing rectifier in parallel with your diode bridge.
Basically it gives you a metal connection at the V peaks. Not for
commercial use.

Regards, NT