Jerry Greenberg

Default Mitsubishi CS-2655R vertical jitter.

Check all the caps from the beginning of the video path, through to
the sync separator circuits, and on to the sync amp, and then to the
vertical deflection generator.

Any loss of low frequency response in this path will cause the
vertical sync reference to be a bit low.

If you have a scope, set the timebase to see the frame rate, and
follow through for any tilt in the blanking, and or pulse supression
where the sync is stripped off.

Jerry G.
========

(David Farber) wrote in message ...
This Mitsubishi CS-2655R tv came into the shop with a blurry picture and not
much else wrong. I touched up the focus control and the picture is crystal
clear except for some slight vertical jitter. I replaced all the C400 series
electrolytic caps and the vertical output IC, AN5521. The jitter is apparent
whether you are watching a tv program or viewing the on screen display menus. A
Google search for this fault didn't turn up much.

Thanks for your reply.

David Farber
David Farber's Service Center
L.A., CA