Andrew Gabriel

Default TRVs

In article ,
Andy Hall writes:
On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 01:33:36 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman
wrote:

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
What's the best make? And possibly one that can be repaired when it starts
leaking?

I've got Invensys ones (Drayton), which I've had for 18 years

Crikey. Mine seem to average about 5. I've had several different makes,
but just the sheds own brands.

Looking on the Plumbcenter site, Drayton, Myson, Pegler etc. are all
at around £15 list. Last time I bought a couple, I managed to get
them down to £12 without too much problem.

Probably if you bought ten or so, you could do better than that.....

I think I got them for around £9 when buying them together
with the radiators. This was from a small independant (AFAIK)
plumbers merchant in the high street (who for reasons I don't
understand, often puts the bits into a plumbcenter bag).

That reminds me -- I keep meaning to find a supplier for the
adjusting tool which allows you to use them for flow balancing
adjustment too.

Has anyone done this? The instructions say you can only turn
the adjustment one way, but I presume if you go too far, there's
some way back, like turning it all the way round again or
something? Instructions don't say.

--
Andrew Gabriel