Mike Tomlinson

Default Changing LOPT in monitor...

In article , Robert Baer
writes

I have been an electronic technician for over 40 years, and never
heard of a "LOPT".

Line Output Transformer, pronounced "loptie".

It's what monitor techies in the UK call a flyback transformer.
Strictly speaking, I think the word 'flyback' is more correct, since
these transformers operate on the flyback principle.

The term 'Line output' comes from the earlier days of TV sets, when a
conventional transformer was used to boost the horiz pulse to about 9kV,
which was then amplified by a tripler module to produce the final anode
voltage.

--
A. Top posters.