David

Default Samsung DVD-709 DVD player problem

Yes, the optical laser assembly is bad and the unit also needs the updated
signal process circuit board assembly. Last I remember the optical drive
unit was just under $200 and the board was around $150. Let alone the
firmware upgrades that were required to get it to play the newest software
(movie titles).

This was a very poorly designed unit and required several modifications just
to make it work almost correctly when it was brand new.

Due to the age of the unit, it is really time for it to be replaced.

FYI this unit is all board level repair, the least expensive board is almost
the cost of a really nice unit today.

David

"Potrzebie" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a Samsung DVD-709 DVD player I am attempting to look at for
someone....

The unit will not read any discs. Audio, DVD, all just come up with "NO
DISC" a few seconds after inserting. The laser seems to be lighting up, I
notice the disc spins a couple of revolutions before the error. I have
cleaned the laser assembly and sleds, no difference. I can't find a

service
manual for it without spending half the price of a replacement player (as
I'm sure everyone knows!). Any common problems with these units anyone
knows about? Anyone have a service manual they could email me the
appropriate sections?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. For the return email address, just
remove one of the "2"'s in the return address.

Thanks
Joe