Jason D.

Default projection tv convergence

On 20 Apr 2004 08:07:13 -0700, (scott) wrote:

Help! I just replaced my Blue crt and HOT. TV is up but, alignment is
being difficult. When I goto DOTS the BLUE horizontal size seems too
far at corners! Is this a trim pot setting or a lens adjustment on the
top of the crt.

Model # and chassis is still important.

Two reasons this could give you problems:

Centering rings assembly was not positioned correctly or wrong CRT
assembly (!!), I've had RCA send us a new CRT that was for 46" to
replace coolant leaking 52" CRT. The box wrong CRT came in had
correct part number (!?). Needless to say, the mounting flange was
designed to not fit and also has clear markings (cast into the alloy
flange as "46", "52" or "62". Whew!

On newer Samsung projector sets for example doesn't use centering
rings which is measure of cost-cutting and is cheap way out.

Cheers,

Wizard