Paul

Default Samsung DVD question

Thanks to all for responding ..
I'm showing my ignorance here ...
I removed the laser unit from the transport and ..on top is the lens ? is
that part of the first laser or is the barrel
on the bottom the laser for the DVD ..it reflects into two prisms or
reflectors
I do get a bright red light when it is searching then a faint more orangey
light ..
again excuse my ignorance ..as you can tell I am no tech ..
I have cleaned everywhere there is an opening all the reflectors and will re
assemble the unit and try again
I tried several DVD's and even one which had never been used still with no
luck
I guess for what I have into this machine it may be worth just replacing the
laser unit ..although I believe this unit is
discontinued and even then it was just over the $100. mark and I would
assume the laser would be costly ..
well at least the VCR works fine..

Thanks again ..

"Paul" wrote in message
Hello
I have a Samsung DVD V3650 combo unit ..
The unit will read and play SVCD JPEG and audio CD with no problems but

when
I insert
a DVD movie it loads spins but will not read the disk .after about 5

minutes
of searching
I get a can't read disk message
I am assuming that because it will read the other formats the laser should
be OK
any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks