John

Default Dell M992 Monitor Clicking Noise....

My brothers Dell M992 Monitor stopped working 2 weeks
after the warranty ran out!!!

Instead of letting him throw it away, I took a look at it.
I have a little experience in electronics, but I never
troubleshooted a monitor/tv before.

When turning it on, I hear a clicking sound. (Sounds like
someone running their thumb nail down the teeth of a comb.)

I took the back off of the monitor and turned out the lights.
I can see a small diode? (clear glass with some color bands)
arcing (inside its glass) to the clicking noise. The diode is located
in the 7" x 5" metal "box" behind the yolk... On the circuit board
it is marked as SK104.

If anyone has came across this problem and/or can give me some
insight, please respond.

The only piece of test equipment I have at the moment is
a Fluke 179 Multimeter.

Thanks,

John