Sam Goldwasser

Default Changing LOPT in monitor...

"Jerry G." writes:

For your safety, send the monitor out for service, to do any work in it.
After changing the flyback, there are a number of safety and operation tests
to do. You will not have access to the necessary equipment at home for this.
It takes more than a simple DVM to work on these.

There are issues for testing and adjusting the HV at the anode, testing the
hold down current and HV safety cut-off, testing the performance of the main
power supply, and etc. There is then the set-up of the CRT screen voltage,
and the beam focus set-up.

And you actually believe that all professional servicers or even most do
these tests? Geez!

If the HV is too high, there is risk of X-Ray radiation exposure. Some
people tend to smirk at this one, but if you venture in to the safety issues
concerning CRT monitors, this is a very serious thing.

I do agree that in this case where arcing was the original symptom,
at least a test of the HV after repair should be made to assure that it
isn't excessive.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work. To
contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.