Roger Hamlett

Default Changing LOPT in monitor...

"Michael A. Covington" wrote
in message ...

"Mark (UK)" wrote in message
You do monitor repairs, and have never heard of a Line OutPut
Transformer??

I had never heard it called that, either. I still don't know what it

means.
Do you mean what we call "power transformer" (which takes the incoming AC
from the line)?

No.
The 'line output transformer', operates from the horizontal deflection
'line' drive, in flyback mode, with a voltage multiplier, to generate the
main HT voltage for the tube (hence 'line', and 'output'). As has been said,
changing this, involves resetting most of the high voltage adjustments
around the tube, and implies having th correct manual with the
voltages/tests required, and a suitable high voltage probe for the
testmeter/scope.

Best Wishes