Dave Plowman

Default TRVs

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
If they're all of the same type, then there's a fairly good chance
that others will fail. As you say, draining down and replacing
inhibitor unless you keep the water, becomes a pain.

Given the situation, I think I'd bite the bullet and swap the lot in
one go. Once you get organised, it goes pretty quickly.

I've had a look at the Drayton ones and there's a major snag. They have
what I'd describe as conventional compression fittings to the incoming
pipe.

Mine have a male 'nut' which fits into the female housing, rather than
the more usual compression fitting type female cap and male body. To
change to the Drayton ones would mean removing the olives so I could
change the entire thing rather than re-using the nut part and existing
olive as I've done before.

So any alternative make that is a direct replacement or should I just go
for replacement Homebase ones - assuming they haven't changed the design...

The thought of trying to remove that number of olives doesn't appeal - I'd
rather just pay up and leave the problem for another 5 years...

--
*Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn