Posted to alt.home.repair
burfordTjustice burfordTjustice is offline

Default i have a hole under my hot water heater that is 5 inches widethat goes outside can i cover it up

On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 09:47:30 -0700 (PDT)
bob haller wrote:

On Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 12:22:24 PM UTC-4, burfordTjustice
wrote:
On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 08:05:52 -0700 (PDT)
"Jack G." wrote:

On Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 7:44:05 AM UTC-7, wendy vonlienen
wrote:
am putting new floor under gas hot water heater,there is a hole
in old floor under water heater for vent i think?can i cover it
up

--
for full context, visit
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...d-1113079-.htm

If you use natural gas it could be a safety issue and I would
check with your local gas company.

Yea, is the local gas company gonna sleep in the house?
Why do some people always need big brother to tell them
what to do?
Screw the gas company, figure it out and do what you want.

its better to ask the pros, sincelack of combustion air could create
a hazardous situation.

Gas company is not the pros.