Posted to alt.home.repair
Algeria Horan[_2_] Algeria Horan[_2_] is offline

Default How do I ask for free dirt?

On Sat, 29 Oct 2016 16:34:41 -0400, wrote:

The double bottom truck in the front may be one of those "18 yard"
setups (truck and trailer)

Thank you for that. The *biggest* it would be is that big, but more likely
each truck would be smaller.

The 6 wheeler in back is more like 6 yards
depending on what they are hauling.

I didn't notice that it was smaller than the third truck until you mentioned
it only had two axles.

The 10 wheeler is 8 yards or so and if it has the "tri axle" a 3d set
of wheels in the back it is 10 yards, based on what the haul here in
Florida (sand and coral rock).

I only noticed the number of axles after you mentioned it. This is most
likely the kind of truck I'm envisioning, so, I can safely assume 10 yards
per truck of that size.

Weight is the main limiting factor and dirt is heavy. 2 tons per yard
or so.

Wow. Twenty tons in that truck.

Just for a reality check, this is 400 yards of dirt to get up to "FEMA
from where the original grass was.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Gils%20hous...0elevation.jpg

Wow. 400 yards? That's more than twice our grading-permit limit.