Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default DIY fun

In article , polygonum
writes
On 29/10/2016 16:12, tony sayer wrote:
In article , polygonum
scribeth thus
On 28/10/2016 20:08, dennis@home wrote:
On 28/10/2016 19:18, polygonum wrote:
On 28/10/2016 19:08, Andrew wrote:
even more idiots think that high-intensity rear lights can be used when
it is raining.

Where is the prohibition on doing so?

The law says they can only be used in FOG.

Like **** it does.

"Rule 236

You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously
reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure
your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves. "

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-high...verse-weather-
conditions-226-to-237#rule236

3 Rear fog lamp

(a) Used so as to cause undue dazzle or discomfort to the driver of a
following vehicle.

Is there an exemption for sing it on some ****wit who is tailgating that
close he's almost hooked on your towbar;?...

I think I'd like a very bright rear-facing sign with variable text -
starting with something almost polite and descending to the gutter if
they take no notice. Legal? Of course not.

But like an argument in uk.d-i-y

--
bert