Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Same old, same old: Taxpayer will pick up cost of Hinkley C waste storage

In article ,
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp
wrote:
On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 12:36:43 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Mike Tomlinson wrote:
"Taxpayers will pick up the bill should the cost of storing
radioactive waste produced by Britain's newest nuclear power station
soar, according to confidential documents which the government has
battled to keep secret for more than a year"

Of course. It's a bad idea to be in the EU because we must have control
over our own destiny. So let's just leave one of the largest projects
in our history in charge of foreigners.

People can be very negative regarding nuclear power, papers whingeing on
about taxpayer liability for what are remote chance events should be
outlawed.

I'm not negative about nuclear power. But very negative about a 'deal'
with a couple of countries using untried and untested technology.

Just because the British public have to cough up, people are apt to
lose sight of the benefits to the many people gaining from the fiasco.

And those who benefit from any fiasco will be China and France. The usual
thing when it goes massively over budget 'well we've spent so much we
might as well just carry on regardless'

http://energydesk.greenpeace.org/201...nment-hinkley/

AB

--
*Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.