Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp is offline

Default Same old, same old: Taxpayer will pick up cost of Hinkley C waste storage

On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 12:36:43 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Mike Tomlinson wrote:
"Taxpayers will pick up the bill should the cost of storing radioactive
waste produced by Britain's newest nuclear power station soar, according
to confidential documents which the government has battled to keep
secret for more than a year"

Of course. It's a bad idea to be in the EU because we must have control
over our own destiny. So let's just leave one of the largest projects in
our history in charge of foreigners.

People can be very negative regarding nuclear power, papers whingeing
on about taxpayer liability for what are remote chance events should
be outlawed.

Just because the British public have to cough up, people are apt to
lose sight of the benefits to the many people gaining from the fiasco.

http://energydesk.greenpeace.org/201...nment-hinkley/

AB