Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson[_3_] Jon Anderson[_3_] is offline

Default Success TIG welding brass

On 30/10/2016 1:39 PM, Jon Elson wrote:

I've done several small pieces of copper bar. That seemed almost more
tricky than aluminum, the whole thing wanted to melt at the same time. But,
I did get it welded. I might imagine brass is somewhat similar.

I've done some copper TIG welding. Found the best method was to put in
way more heat that you'd think proper. Have to put heat in faster than
than the copper can transfer it. I was welding up a copper range hood,
nothing critical.

Jon

---