Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do I ask for free dirt?

On Sat, 29 Oct 2016 18:48:04 +0000 (UTC), Algeria Horan
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 18:54:35 -0400, wrote:

Sorry my bad. I was thinking you meant "tandem axle". They don't allow
those trailers here I guess. I have never seen one.
OTOH tri axle trucks are everywher

I happened to see these two trucks today, and figured I'd post the picture
since these are the two types that I would expect to see when I get the soil
delivered.
https://s13.postimg.org/rgot08qwn/truck2.jpg

How many cubic yards do you think these hold?
https://s13.postimg.org/4qpo797p3/truck1.jpg

I'm guessing 10 cubic yards each?

The double bottom truck in the front may be one of those "18 yard"
setups (truck and trailer) The 6 wheeler in back is more like 6 yards
depending on what they are hauling.
The 10 wheeler is 8 yards or so and if it has the "tri axle" a 3d set
of wheels in the back it is 10 yards, based on what the haul here in
Florida (sand and coral rock).
Weight is the main limiting factor and dirt is heavy. 2 tons per yard
or so.

Just for a reality check, this is 400 yards of dirt to get up to "FEMA
from where the original grass was.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Gils%20hous...0elevation.jpg