Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Inexpensive replacement for these garage flourescent lights?

In article , says...

What is an inexpensive replacement for these garage flourescent lights?
https://s13.postimg.org/7jivra81j/garage_lights.jpg

There are four of these sets of lights, each of which holds 4 flourescent
bulbs, which keep flickering, burning out, and making humming sounds.

In a word, they suck.

So, instead of replacing the bulbs for the rest of my life, is there a good
but inexpensive quick and simple replacement strategy?

Maybe not inexpensive, but Home Depot sells some 2 LED shop lights for
about $ 40. I put some in the basement a year or two ago to solve the
same problem.

I have not lookid into it,but have heard that you can get some LED tubes
to replace the flourescent ones. I want to say the ballast has to come
out,but not sure. You may be able to get by with just 2 tubes in each
ficture as the LEDs seem to be brighter.

Maybe less expensive,but don't think I would want to do it is to put in
a bunch of the regular light bulb sockets and put the LED bulbs in them.