Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Hickeys

My home town had to Electrical supply houses. The old line store would
only deal with contractors, and they could take a half day to pull the
order for over the counter sales. The other gave me a $2,000 line of
credit the first visit. I bought most items by the bag/box/bundle/reel,
so I got their column D pricing on everything. ...

Oh that there were a second here, still...when "ol' Shuf" was still
alive (original owner of the locally-owned one here from way-back, since
sold and now resale/wholesale only) had account there. They
transitioned out of any OTC sales 10-15 yr ago now so we're left with
only the large corporate outlet that has no local say in what they do;
everything "according to the book" from corporate. Service is no
problem; just pricing if not licensed contractor.